12 August 2008

Redemption

A couple of months ago, I finally made a stop in to the Sprint store, with the intention of getting my cell phone replaced. Not even hell would stop me.

Nor a clerk who clearly didn't want to be there.

After a bit of *ahem* cooperation exercises, I finally got the rep to agree that my phone was defective, that it was indeed ridiculous that I should have to send the phone out to LGs support office for up to a month to have them tell me that the phone is not defective (even though it shipped with faulty firmware), and that from a service standpoint, a customer who can't depend on his phone being on when he wants it turned on will probably not remain a customer much longer than his contract requires him to.

So they replaced my phone, and I have a couple of observations. Number 1?

That's what I'm fucking talking about. This phone works, and it works well. Not so much now that it works well, but that it's actually a good phone. The keyboard is more responsive and accurate, the phone is actually faster in some operations, the phone is now 3G compatible, and it's already excellent battery life is even more excellent. Almost Bill and Ted excellent. Seriously, I recharge it every 4th day, when the battery meter drops 1 bar.

Ok, so I'm not popular enough to get phone calls all the time, but I do text a lot.

I also don't use bluetooth, but it's never been too important to me. I know that I turn it off, this probably helps with the battery life.

I won't write another full review, since they addressed the number 1 concern I had with it, it shutting off all the time, and while it bothers the hell out of me that I had to argue constantly for 6 months to get a replacement, I'm glad I finally did.

Seriously, if you have this phone, and you're having problems, go get that shit replaced.

No comments: